Now Hiring: Full-Time Communications Coordinator
The Barrel of Monkeys Communications Coordinator (CC) is a full-time staff position requiring creativity, organization, and strategic thinking skills. The CC’s primary role is to ensure effective communication both internally and with external stakeholders via marketing, outreach, and fundraising campaigns. Specifically, the Communications Coordinator is the primary driver for both ticket sales and individual donations, and connects various stakeholder groups via superior written and verbal communication. The CC collaborates closely with the PR rep, graphic designer, photographer/videographer, printer, mailhouse, and other vendors as needed throughout the year. This position reports directly to the Executive Director.
The Communications Coordinator must exhibit superior communication skills, excellent organizational skills, and a passion for the mission of Barrel of Monkeys.
• Have a minimum 2 years’ experience working in marketing, development, communications or a comparable field;
• Demonstrate basic familiarity with the nonprofit marketing and development functions;
• Be detail-oriented, resourceful, and highly organized, with the ability to manage time and meet deadlines;
• Exhibit superior written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills;
• Be able to interact confidently and professionally with funders, donors, audiences, and other stakeholders;
• Have a proven ability to work collaboratively on creative endeavors and maintain strong working relationships with team members, partners, and vendors;
• Have experience working in an office environment, and a strong command of MS Office software;
• Photo and/or video editing skills strongly preferred, as is familiarity with html and website CMS.
Manage Marketing and Fundraising Campaigns:
• Work with Executive Director and Marketing & Development Committees to develop innovative campaigns and communications strategies, and oversee their implementation;
• Work closely with BOM’s publicist, graphic designer, photographer/videographer, mailhouse, and other vendors as needed to implement strategic goals and meet deadlines;
• Collaborate with Artistic Director to engage in outreach and business relationship development with key community partners;
• Compose email blasts and social media posts in alignment with current campaigns and priorities, and update website regularly;
• Actively engage with the larger arts/education communities by representing BOM at promotional events;
• Support and maintain the integrity of the Barrel of Monkeys brand and reputation for excellence;
• Recruit and supervise interns to assist with data entry, letter-writing campaigns, thanking, and other stewardship roles.
Manage Internal Communication:
• Coordinate the weekly newsletter that connects staff with board, company, and artistic associates;
• Provide internal stakeholders with tools to advocate for BOM, including form letters, social media content, hashtags, print materials, and more;
• Assist with audience research, sales tracking, and reporting to the Marketing & Development Committees;
• Oversee other efforts to improve communication and comradeship among internal stakeholder groups;
• Communicate regularly with the Box Office/FOH Manager to ensure a quality audience experience;
• Actively update and maintain the organizational database and contact sheets;
• Coordinate and oversee volunteers both in the office and at performances;
• Participate in relevant training and professional development opportunities for BOM teaching artists.
Participate in General Administrative Functions:
• Work in collaboration with the entire staff in supporting the mission of Barrel of Monkeys;
• Participate and collaborate with administrative staff and committees to plan and execute company-related activities such as company meetings, fundraisers, trainings, etc;
• Participate in strategic planning efforts;
• Attend regular staff meetings; and
• Other administrative tasks as needed.
Salary & benefits information:
Low 30s with excellent benefits and PTO package
Please send resume and cover letter along with 3 references and a brief writing sample (no more than 2 pages) to email@example.com.
Deadline to apply: Feb 11.
Barrel of Monkeys provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation or identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or genetics. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
“...part pep rally, part musical theater extravaganza—and one of the most real, uplifting and engaging theatrical experiences in town.”
–Lucia Mauro, ChicagoTheater.Com